Last updated May 24, 2018
- What information do we collect?
- How your information is collected - and the lawful basis for that collection
- How we use the information collected?
- How can you control your information?
- Sharing information with third parties
- How do we protect your information?
- International Data Transfer
- Third Party Websites; Social Media Features
- California Privacy Rights
- EU Data Subject Rights
1. What information do we collect?We collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-Identifiable Information”). Non-Identifiable Information is any information that does not enable the identification of an individual. This kind of information is made available to us while you enter and/or use the Websites or the Services. Non-Identifiable information consists of technical information and behavioral information, and includes, among other things, the type of browser you use and the actions you take on the Websites or by using the Services, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send us.
- The second type of information that is collected, either alone or in combination with other information, is information that could identify an individual (“Personal Identifiable Information” or “PII”). PII may include your Internet Protocol Address, first and last name, email or physical address and phone number.
2. How your information is collected - and the lawful basis for that collectionNon-Identifiable Information is collected when you access or use the Websites and/or the Services. We use industry standard tools and software to monitor your navigation and usage of the Websites and services, your usage pattern-logs and other communications data. We may also use “cookies” and Flash (or similar technologies), which stores certain information on your computer (“Local Storage”) and which allows us to enable automatic activation of certain features and improve your experience. It is easy to prohibit Local Storage, most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. To erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash you should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your online experience may be limited. We also collect information that you provide us voluntarily, for example, we collect PII when you:
- File an online form on one of our Websites
- Provide us with information at a live event
- Register for our services and making payments
- Post materials, participating in online forums or providing comments and feedback to online discussions on our Websites
- Contacting us by email
- In addition, we may receive your PII from your employer
3. How we use the information collected?We collect each type of information for different purposes. Non-Identifiable Information is collected to allow enhancement of your experience on the Websites and Services, for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our various interfaces. It also helps us learn about the preferences of our users and general trends relating to the Websites and Services. PII is collected to:
- Enable use of the Services. For example, in order to register to the Services you will need to provide us with your name and email so we will be able to issue a license key.
- Allow us to contact you (in accordance with applicable law) with proposals and tailored information regarding new products, events, offers, services, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, and events of interest. For example, when you fill out a request for a quote, we will need you to provide us with contact details.
- Provide you with technical assistance and support.
- Issue invoices and contact you in connection with payments for our services
4. How can you control your information?JFrog may retain your information for a period consistent with the original purpose of collection. For example, we will retain your information for as long as you are using our services, and for a reasonable period thereafter. Aggregated and/or anonymous data, and any other Non-personal Information may remain on our servers indefinitely all as permitted under the applicable privacy laws. You may request to review, correct, delete or otherwise modify any of the PII that was provided to us, or request to confirm whether we process your personal information. In addition, you may object to our processing of your PII for a legitimate interest. Kindly send an email to Compliance@jfrog.com in connection with the aforementioned issues and we will provide you with all required information. Please note that you may manage the receipt of marketing and non-transactional information from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of marketing emails sent by us.
- Microsoft Azure policy is available here;
6. How do we protect your information?We use industry standard technologies and internal procedures (including without limitation, using tokens and encryption mechanisms) to maintain the security and integrity of our Websites and Services and your information, and to prevent unauthorized access thereto. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your information will never occur. Further information is available at Compliance@jfrog.com.
7. International Data TransferWe collect information globally and primarily store that information in the United States and the EU. We transfer information collected about you, including PII, to affiliated entities and to other third-party service providers, which may be located outside your country of residence. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have similar data protection laws that apply to your country of residence.
- International transfers within JFrog. JFrog is operated globally and our services are provided from various location. In order to allow us to perform our obligations and provide you with the services, we transfer information within our group of companies (a list thereof is available here). When we share information about you within and among our corporate affiliates, we make use of standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission, to safeguard the transfer of information we collect from the European Economic Area and Switzerland (collectively: “EEA”) outside of the EEA.